Case: 18/8 stainless steel
Lid: BPA free polypropylene / silicone
Central closure: BPA free ABS plastic
Cleaning and care (regular)
In order to keep your bottle free of odors and discolorations for a long time, we recommend hand cleaning as the most gentle method.
Simply rinse the bottle with warm water and soap.
It is always helpful to first remove the seals from the lid and keep them in a safe place so that they do not get lost.
Due to the imprint, the outer coating and the seals & rubber rings (e.g. the milkyBottle), it is recommended not to clean the bottles in the dishwasher, as this can cause optical damage to the coating due to the high intensity of the rinse cycle.
Cleaning and care (intensive)
If you would like to treat your bottle to an intensive yet gentle surface cleansing, the following tips can be applied:
- Add a dishwasher detergent tab or 1 packet of baking powder to the bottle.
- Fill the bottle with hot water and leave it for a few hours (even better: leave it overnight).
- Then dump out the contents and rinse well under warm water.
- Add 2 teaspoons of salt to the bottle.
- Fill with hot water
- Allow to take effect (overnight if necessary) and shake well every now and then.
- Rinse well after use
To guarantee a thorough cleaning it is advantageous to remove the gaskets and sealing rings from the lid and rinse them with warm water and soap.
We recommend using this cleaning method 1-2 times a month if the bottle is used on a regular basis.
It is also advisable to store the bottles with the lid open after cleaning so that no mould can develop.